04 October 2008

Looking at yourself in the mirror

In all the things we care about, we will try hard enough so that even if we fail any job or principle we won't look itself in the mirror afterward and ask, "what more could we have done?"

[h/t fivethirtyeight and random bar exam study advice pass from an unknown to Jim to me]

But we also cannot always do everything that might have helped out cause. This does not mean anything less that 100% focus on each of our goals is required, nor possible. But that we must know what we care about and hold up our own standards, even or especially when no one is watching, in doing what we can for what we value.

Today, I'm going to remind myself about what is important to me in the moment and collection of moments I remember myself by and may be remembered by. Monday I'm going to start making some damn good memories. Sunday? Bike ride, chores, PT, sleep, dirty jokes, CALCRIM, hypermiling, plumbing, find friends in NV, blah, blah, blah.

Written on 3 hours of sleep after a good Friday night ... sleepppppppppppppppppppppp

No comments: