- Food myths (expiration date, smexparation date!)
- Stunning, even glamorous, sea slugs.
- Cylon Baseships Run Windows XP?
- Icon sets, and more icon sets (good for use with RocketDock and Stacks)
- He-man's "hilarious accidental homo-eroticism"
- Bus + Train = This:
- If you are still not sure that cell phones are evil, this should convince you. Don’t ever try this! -(yes, it's fake, but a good fake) - via the Presurfer via Neatorama
Photo: Peter Aaron / Esto - via Architecture and Hygiene
It’s hard to believe that those ugly cargo shipping containers can make beautiful homes, but they do. WebUrbanist has a neat post about homes, offices, shopping malls and even hotels built from cargo containers:
There are plenty of benefits of to the so-called shipping container architecture model. A few of these advantages include: they are plentiful, they are easily transported, they’re stackable, relatively inexpensive (as little as $900 for a used container), they can be prefabricated, and they’re extremely durable. Residential applications are also becoming a popular topic of conversation among green supporters.
- Powers of 10 video on the tubes.
28 May 2008
Links for the day
Posted by Abe at Wednesday, May 28, 2008